- Make a positive impact on another individual’s life
- Come with flexibility, not one day is the same.
- No experience required, but the right attitude is the key!
You might be wondering who we are looking for to support our participants at our Orange location?
- Ideally its someone who is resilient with empathy and has great communication skills.
- The team at Orange are a diverse group of people with a common passion for the Participants they support. The team are supportive and welcoming of new staff.
- The team are non-judgemental, and applicants would need to have the same professional attitude while supporting our Participants.
- Have availability to work a variety of shifts and be flexible to change as per the participants needs.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict, some of our participants have behaviours that challenge, so its important to know how to deescalate a situation.
- Efficient computer skills are a must, you’ll be reporting and completing ongoing training.
- Ability to set firm boundaries whilst having a great sense of humour and a positive attitude.
- Ability to think outside of the box to achieve goals while maintaining respect for your team mates.
- Experience is not the be all and end all here, as long as you come with the right attitude the rest can be taught. Just be flexible to change!
So, if you’re excited by the opportunity of a promising career, where no two days are the same, here are some things that you might be doing daily- apart from the most important thing which is providing the ideal support to our participants in their homes, you are there to assist them to reach their potential and live their best life.
- You may be working with participants that have complex trauma histories including contact with the judicial system and A&OD supports.
- Promoting participants choice & control in their daily lives by supporting individuals to be an active part of their community.
- Providing personal care with dignity and respect when required.
- Following behaviour support & health care plans to support participants live more independently within the community.
- Supporting participants to increase & develop skills in training, budgeting, safe relationships, life skills (cooking, shopping, cleaning).
- Assisting our participants to achieve their NDIS goals.
Some Benefits when you join us:
- Work within a supportive team environment that wants to see you grow with DSA
- Awesome NFP salary sacrifice options through MAXXIA
- Novated Leasing options through MAXXIA
- Ongoing mentoring and training and the ability to complete a cert III in individual support
- A work life balanced approach
Who We Are?
Disability Services Australia (DSA) is a fully owned subsidiary of Scope (Aust) Ltd. Scope and DSA came together in late 2021 to form one of the largest not-for-profit disability service providers in Australia. We support people with physical, intellectual, and multiple disabilities to achieve their goals, providing services to thousands of people across New South Wales and Victoria. Our mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen.
We believe in building a diverse, inclusive workforce. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, to apply.
To work at DSA, the successful applicant must undergo a NDIS Workers Check and obtain a NSW Working with Children Check. It is also a requirement under DSA policy to have three COVID-19 vaccinations or a valid medical exemption. DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community.