Support Worker - Bomaderry
We are seeking reliable Disability Support Workers to join our team to support people with a disability living in our specialist disability accommodation in Bomaderry (Nowra area)
What's in it for you?
- Flexible roster pattern to enable a healthy work-life balance.
- Permanent Part Time.
- Regular Casual shifts available.
- Location: Bomaderry (Nowra area)
- Complete your qualification in Individual Support with our RTO - METS.
- Learning and development opportunities to set you up for success.
- Most importantly a role where you see the difference you are making.
What will you be doing?
- You will provide quality support to our participants in an accommodation setting.
- Promoting participants choice and control in their daily activities.
- Providing personal care with dignity such as grooming, dressing, showering etc.
- Following behavior support plans to support participants live more independently.
- Driving participants to community events, Dr appointments, shopping etc.
- Assisting our participants to realize their goals in their NDIS plans
- Prior experience as a Disability Support Worker
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster weekdays and weekends for example:
- mornings (6am-2pm, 8am-4pm), afternoons (4pm-8pm, 2pm-10pm), active nights (10pm-6am)
- Split shifts and/or sleepovers
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence (P2 and above) and access to a car
- A good understanding of person-centred active support or willingness to embrace this model of support
- Be comfortable supporting adult clients with intellectual/physical disabilities, high medical needs, mental health diagnoses or involvement in the criminal justice system.
- Thrive in a team-based environment where we work together to support the wellbeing of our participants.
Disability Services Australia provide pathways for people with a disability into independent accommodation (SIL) and employment (mainstream and supported).
How to Apply:
To apply online today as we are actively onboarding new casuals.
To work at DSA, the successful applicant must undergo a NDIS Workers Check and a NSW Working with Children Check. It is also a requirement under NSW Health for all disability support workers to have had their vaccination or a medical exemption.
DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.