Rossmore - Support Worker
We are seeking reliable Disability Support Workers to join our team to support people with a disability living in our specialist disability accommodation in Rossmore
What's in it for you?
- Flexible roster pattern to enable a healthy work-life balance
- Regular casual shifts available
- Pay rates starting from $38.08 per hour (casual) plus super
- Complete your qualification in Individual Support with our RTO - METS
- Learning and development opportunities to set you up for success
- Most importantly a role where you see the difference you are making
What will you be doing?
- You will provide quality support to our participants in an accommodation setting, that includes
- Promoting participants choice and control in their daily activities
- Providing personal care with dignity such as grooming, dressing, showering etc.
- Following behavior support plans to support participants live more independently
- Driving participants to community events, Dr appointments, shopping etc
- Assisting our participants to realize their goals in their NDIS plans
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster: mornings (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm), Active nights (10pm-6am) and/or weekend shifts
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence (P2 and above) and access to a car
- A good understanding of person-centred active support or willingness to embrace this model of support
- Be comfortable supporting adult clients with intellectual/physical disabilities, high medical needs, mental health diagnoses or involvement in the criminal justice system
- Thrive in a team-based environment where we work together to support the wellbeing of our participants
Disability Services Australia provide pathways for people with a disability into independent accommodation (SIL) and employment (mainstream and supported).
How to Apply:
To apply online today as we are actively onboarding new casuals.
To work at DSA, the successful applicant must undergo a NDIS Workers Check and a NSW Working with Children Check. It is also a requirement under NSW Health for all disability support workers to have had their vaccination or a medical exemption.
DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community.