Support Worker - Ryde
At DSA/Scope, we celebrate people.
This is not just for our participants, but also for our teams. That’s why we’re seeking people like you. People who can support every one of our participants to live as equal and empowered citizens.
DSA is a subsidiary of Scope, one of Australia’s largest providers of disability support services, with over 70 years’ experience. We support people with physical, intellectual, and multiple disabilities to achieve their goals, providing services to thousands of people across New South Wales and Victoria.
We celebrate people.
If at any time you require us to adjust our recruitment process to meet your individual needs, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team.
We excel together.
As a Support Worker in our Ryde home, you will have:
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster: mornings (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm), Active nights (10pm-6am) and/or weekend shifts
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence (P2 and above) and access to a car
- A good understanding of person-centred active support or willingness to embrace this model of support
- Be comfortable supporting adult clients with intellectual/physical disabilities, high medical needs, mental health diagnoses or involvement in the criminal justice system
- Thrive in a team-based environment where we work together to support the wellbeing of our participants
- Driving participants to community events, Dr appointments, shopping etc
- Assisting our participants to realize their goals in their NDIS plans
To recognize the contribution, you make to the lives of our customers, we offer a competitive remuneration package that may include:
- Work within a supportive team environment
- A work life balanced approach
We act bravely.
To be successful in this role you must have or be willing to obtain:
- Qualification requirement (preferred)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance and Working with Children's Check (Employee)
- Current Level 2 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Valid Australian Working Rights and an International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years.
At DSA/Scope, we pride ourselves on collaborating with our people. We’re dedicated to your continuous training and development as we are continuing to expand.
View our stance on inclusion and diversity, human rights, and our Covid-19 policies.
Take your career on a journey with DSA/Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our purpose!
Please note, successful applicants will be required to hold a NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance and a Working with Children Check. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required. As part of our Covid-19 response the Scope Covid-19 policy requires all our employees regardless of the job to have received at least 3 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine. Please note that the offer will be conditional on meeting these requirements.