Employment Access Coordinator
- Lead and drive the development of relationships with new & existing employees with disability.
- Manage and coordinate customer/employee acquisition.
- Flexible working options with 5 days a fortnight in the Kingsgrove office.
We are currently embarking on a growth journey within Employment solutions and this job will be crucial in identifying and assisting clients in finding supported work.
You'll have strong listening skills and the ability to comprehend and evaluate customer needs to help new hires move into supported employment, you will identify them and work with them. You will interpret an NDIS plan and budget with them and produce a service offering that follows the parameters of the client's plan and budget.
You will also possess excellent account management skills and the capacity to meet quarterly goals.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Supports the acquisition of both the DES and SLES products at our Mascot and Kingsgrove sites.
- Be primary point of contact for prospective employee inquiries.
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships to meet vacancies within the identified region.
- Carry out quarterly customer contact for regular customers to ensure service satisfaction, track progress and other DSA service opportunities. Carry out quarterly customer contact for customers who have exited at the conclusion of their service term and track progress.
- Work with other team members in a positive and pro-active manner to facilitate service excellence and exceed customer expectations.
- Promote accessibility of DSA services to people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders and manage relationships of such people who select DSA as a service provider.
- Maintain customer/employee volume by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Build and maintain relationships with NDIA employees, LACs and referral sources!
- Report on KPI achievement monthly
Who We Are
In Mid-July 2023 we will be known as Scope Australia.
Disability Services Australia (DSA) is a fully owned subsidiary of Scope (Aust) Ltd. Scope and DSA came together in late 2021 to form one of the largest not-for-profit disability service providers in Australia. We support people with physical, intellectual, and multiple disabilities to achieve their goals, providing services to thousands of people across New South Wales and Victoria. Our mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen.
We believe in building a diverse, inclusive workforce. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, to apply.
Some Benefits when you join us:
- Work within a supportive team environment
- Awesome NFP salary sacrifice options through MAXXIA
- Novated Leasing options through MAXXIA
- A work life balanced approach
- Free onsite parking
To work at DSA/Scope, the successful applicant must undergo a NDIS Workers Check and obtain a NSW Working with Children Check. It is also a requirement under DSA policy to have three COVID-19 vaccinations or a valid medical exemption. DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.