Information for Participants, Families and Carers
The following information is provided for the broader DSA community of families, carers and visitors. We are here to support you during this time and to work together to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We will provide regular updates in this section of our website as new information becomes available.
DSA has developed a suite of Procedures specifically for our COVID-19 response:
- COVID-19 Case Management in Supported Accommodation
- COVID-19 Case Management in Community
- COVID-19 Confirmed Case Framework
All DSA sites have put in place measures to limit access to non-essential visitors, enhance personal hygiene and infection control and implement social distancing.
In order to protect our participants and our employees, we have introduced new protocols for access to our Home Solutions and Mentoring Services sites. Any visitors to DSA homes and sites must wash their hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser before or upon entering the premises.
Our staff will ask visitors whether they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 on arrival and whether they have recently returned from overseas.
These are simple but important measures that can help protect our participants and employees as well as reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
We sincerely thank you for your understanding.
COVID-19 is prompting DSA to innovate in all sorts of ways to continue providing supports for our participants.
- In order to support the Government’s social distancing recommendations, the Employment Solutions team quickly determined that they could continue providing their vital participant supports – remotely! DSA’s Employment Solutions (DES & SLES) supports are now being delivered remotely utilising a range of technologies and on-line learning.
- Our Packaging Solutions (ADE) facilities are operating on a ‘business as usual’ basis across all sites.
- After careful consideration we made the difficult decision in March to suspend our Community Solutions (Day Programs) at all sites. We’ve made this decision because of unacceptable challenges in ensuring the safety of our participants and their support staff, maintaining effective infection control and social distancing requirements.
- Services will remain suspended until it is safe to resume service delivery and we will keep you informed as we continue to monitor changing conditions.
- Our Home Solutions and Mentoring Services (Supported Independent Living Services) will continue to operate with plans in place to support participants and their support staff through isolation if required.
- Our Support Coordination services remain active and the team are prepared to be able to work from home should that need arise.
- Staff providing 1:1 support to participants have scaled back support in the community and increased supports in the home with appropriate PPE.
For the latest Australian Government updates, visit: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
The Department of Health has also produced a series of simple explainer videos around Coronavirus, which are short but highly informative.
Be assured that our team is doing everything possible to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of the people we support and of our employees, who provide that support.