Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Living in Your Own Home

Living in Your Own Home…Traditional Supports

In NSW there are a number of different support options available for people with disability and their carers to remain living in their own homes with appropriate support. Sometimes however, working out what is available for you in your area can be confusing.

You will find a number of important phone numbers located at the back of the book.
The first point of contact for you should be the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre.
They can be contacted on 1800 052 222.
The Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres provide a single point of contact for information on community, aged and disability services and carer support. The Centres can also assist with information about costs for services, assessment processes and eligibility criteria.
When you call this number you will be put through to a Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre located close to you. This centre has a comprehensive database containing all local community aged care, disability and other support services. Their extensive local knowledge ensures they provide a quality service and up to date information.
Last Modified: 21/11/2016 4:02 PM